Kawai Japan is delighted to announce the ES920 and ES520, the latest additions to Kawaiʼs popular ES series of portable digital
pianos. The flagship ES920 is the long-awaited successor to the award-winning ES8, while the intermediate ES520 is a new midrange model that delivers many of the features of the ES920 at a more affordable price.
Kawaiʼs ES series of instruments are high-performance, 88-key portable digital pianos suitable for the home, stage, recital hall, or classroom.
The brand new ES920 and ES520 combine Kawaiʼs highly-regarded Responsive Hammer keyboard action and Harmonic Imaging piano sound
technologies, to reproduce the touch and tone of a concert grand piano, and provide an authentic, rewarding playing experience for pianists
of all abilities. In addition to a strong selection of diverse acoustic piano sounds, the ES920 and ES520 also include a variety of outstanding
electric pianos, organs, strings, and other voices, allowing these instruments to support a wide range of musical styles. These sounds are
easily selectable from the pianosʼ elegant control panel, which features an intuitive button layout and sharp OLED graphic display, with the
ES920ʼs 4-band EQ faders also providing convenient real-time control during live performances.
The latest ES series models boast powerful 40W stereo speaker systems, and incorporate audio processing and amplification technologies
developed in collaboration with premium Japanese audio specialists, Onkyo. This unique hardware combination allows these lightweight,
portable instrument to deliver well-rounded bass and crisp treble frequencies, reproducing the superb Shigeru Kawai grand piano sounds
with exceptional tonal clarity and richness.
The modern ES920 and ES520 also feature built-in Bluetooth MIDI and Bluetooth Audio connectivity, allowing apps such as Kawaiʼs
dedicated PianoRemote control app or a wide range of third-party learning and recreation apps to be enjoyed wirelessly, or for music
streamed from a smartphone or tablet to be played through the pianoʼs impressive audio system without any additional cables. However,
wired connectivity remains strongly supported, with standard MIDI, USB, Line In and Line Out terminals providing a range of options for the
home, studio, and stage.
The latest ES models adopt a brand new exterior design, with the flat panel surface complemented by smooth, rounded edges. The
instrumentsʼ sturdy body is surprisingly lightweight, with the ES920 weighing 17 kg (almost 6 kilos lighter than its predecessor), and the
ES520 just 14.5 kg. As some of the most portable pianos in their respective classes, the ES920 and ES520 are excellent choices for gigging
or studio musicians, yet also ideally suited to academic and religious institutions. Moreover, when attached to the dedicated HM-5 designer
stand and F-302 triple pedal bar in matching black or white finishes, these versatile instruments are transformed into stylish, ultra-compact
piano replacements, delivering an exceptional playing experience for the lounge, office, or bedroom.
Authentic grand piano touch and tone, superb additional sounds, high-fidelity speaker systems, and modern, convenient features
– all housed within a stylish, lightweight case. Introducing the new ES920 and ES520: At home, on stage, your piano.
ES520: Main Features
- Responsive Hammer Compact II keyboard action with grade-weighted keys and triple-sensor system
- Progressive Harmonic Imaging sound technology with 88-key stereo sampling
- 34 authentic sounds, including acoustic pianos, electric pianos, organs, strings, bass etc.
- Motherboard and amplification developed in partnership with Onkyo, 40W speaker system
- Bluetooth MIDI and Audio functionality with aptX support for wireless communication and audio playback
- Standard MIDI, USB to Host/Device, Audio In/Out connectivity
- Support for latest PianoRemote control app for iOS/Android*
- Intuitive control panel layout with high quality OLED display
- Stylish rounded case design and lightweight chassis weighing 14.5 kg
- Modern HM-5 designer stand and F-302 triple pedal bar, support for GFP-3 triple pedal unit
* PianoRemote app support to be added with future software update